Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sherlock Homes?

I watched Sherlock Holmes last Sunday, and loved it!
One of the main reasons is that I just love the atmosphere of late 19th century Britain.
Sometimes I fantasize about interior that strongly resembles an Angelic Pretty store, but my real dream is a Victorian inspired home.
(With a couple of Hogwarts-y elements mixed in...)
Somehow the clutter and those dark colours and busy patterns make me feel at home.
Most of modern architecture is so cold and ugly, I always wonder how anyone could think it looks good.
Some things I'd like in my future living room...

♥ A fancy wallpaper, preferably in a darker colour. Maybe something like this in a dark red.
(Somehow this reminds me a lot of this Murakami wallpaper, haha..)
♥ I don't find them particularly pretty, but somehow I really want a Persian rug.
♥ Dark wood furniture and a black leather sofa. A pretty armchair accompanied by a stool and a reading lamp.
♥ Books. Lots of lots of books.
♥ Heavy dark curtains.
♥ A black chandelier.
♥ I have a thing for bones, so a couple of small animal skulls and all kinds of other curiosities.
♥ All kinds of antique and vintage bits and pieces.
♥ A piano. ;_;

Oh, and I said 'living room' because I think my bedroom will turn out pink and sparkly anyways, hehe. I just can't pick one style.
And by the way, another movie playing in that era which I really like is 'From Hell' with Johnny Depp. I guess I have a thing for weird detectives?

2 comments:

  1. your blog is so cute <3 i really love how do you image your future living room *_* awesome forniture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you hiversky, I'm really looking forward to it. x3

    ReplyDelete