Sunday, February 21, 2010

Poupée Girl DS

Poupée Girl DS

I started playing Poupée Girl DS a couple of weeks ago.
My first thought was: this is like Animal Crossing - but with clothes!
Basically, you move in to your own house in Poupée Town and make lots of friends walking around there. You can buy clothes at Katherine Shop or the Brand Store just like in the online version, but getting Ribbons is so much easier!
You get Ribbons for about everything--

★ Removing your make-up and changing into PJ's at midnight
★ You have a little plant in your room that you can click on, which shows you your lucky colour and item for the day, just checking it gives you Ribbons
★ Changing your profile info
★ Dressing up & taking outfit snaps
★ Dress-up bonus -- I only had about 5 days in a row, but I assume there is a special bonus for dressing up every day of a month like in the online version

You also get items along with the Ribbons.
When you walk around in town, which looks a lot like the one online, you can click on round symbols which refer to persons and are coloured according to their styles.
When you start talking to a Poupée you don't know, you'll automatically be asked to add her as a friend, and if you do so, she'll give you an item as a present. (Every new friend also writes you an e-mail to your cellphone, which I almost find a little annoying because they mostly say the same things over and over again.)

There are contests, too, where you have to dress up in specific colours that match the contest style. The Poupées you meet sometimes talk about which colour is best for which style, but there were no contests since I started playing, so I have yet to try it.

You have a notebook where you can change your profile info, look at your friends and their coordinates, and look at a list of all items. The items you don't own are marked with ??? - it's like a PokéDEX for clothes, haha.

I don't know - it's fun, but personally I like the online version better, and I mostly play to practice Japanese. The items are not so great yet, though like I said I'm still at the beginning, but I recognize lots of them from my online closet.
There also isn't much more to do then dress up, walk around town to collect friends, go shopping, repeat.
But the great thing is, you have a shitload of Ribbons, and what I've always missed online - once you buy a haircolour/-style, it's yours for good! You can change your haircolour for free every day if you like. 8D

There also is a great community at LiveJournal which is very helpful if you're not so good at Japanese.
blog comments powered by Disqus